If humans came from monkeys then why are there still monkeys around?
- 3 months agoFavourite answer
Don't forget that evolution is simply a theory..
- PaulLv 73 months ago
No-one ever claimed that humans evolved from monkeys. That is a silly misrepresentation thrown around by fundamentalist Protestants. The fact is that all living primates - monkeys, apes and humans - have some ancient ancestors in common.
- Bulldog reduxLv 73 months ago
After humans evolved, non-ancestral monkeys never got the memo that they were all supposed to go extinct.
- CowboyLv 63 months ago
Garbage in=garbage out
your question is garbage
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- MARKLv 73 months ago
1. Humans did not evolve from monkeys. We evolved from a species of ape which is a common ancestor we share with the Bonobo and Chimpanzee.
2. If there are, say, two populations, let's call them X and Y of a species we will call A it is possible one of those populations may evolve into another species, which we will call B. If population X was the one that evolved into species B there is no reason why population Y will not continue to exist and so will species A. Evolution is not like some linear succession.
3. If you are going to even begin to make an argument against evolution at least argue against what the scientific theory of biological evolution says. To do otherwise only makes you look ignorant and silly.
- Elaine MLv 73 months ago
Dogs came from wolves, and wolves are still around.
- PearlLv 73 months ago
cause not all of them became humans
- JazSincLv 73 months ago
You and your first cousin both came from your grandfather. Your first cousin is better looking, taller, and smarter than you are. So, why do you still exist?
How come people who ask about monkeys never think about:
Humans came from fish, so why are there still fish around?
Humans came from one fish lineage. There were other fish lineages around. There are some places where "being a fish" is better than "being a human." We haven't managed to kill all the fish yet.
Now apply what you learned about fishes to monkeys.
- Anonymous3 months ago
Didn’t you ask this already a few months ago.
As everyone explained to you, we did not come from monkeys. We share a common ancestor. Monkeys are like our really really distant relatives.
Did you know that roaches and lobsters are distant cousins. They have a common ancestor.
- MorningfoxLv 73 months ago
If you came from your parents, then why are your parents still around?