What does this quote mean?

I am moving into college tomorrow for the first time. My advisor sent me a welcome email today with a quote at the end that said "Your time as a caterpillar has expired. Your wings are ready." I might be dumb for asking this lol but what does that quote mean? Thanks!

It means, as you start college, that you will no longer be the caterpillar trundling along but the mature butterfly, ready to take on the world. It's mean to be positive and motivating. 

Wow. Really? You never studied the life cycle of a butterfly? You never read "The Hungry, Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle? You have been a caterpillar, inching through high school. Now you are emerging from a cocoon as a butterfly, with wings, to fly and soar into your future. 

Basically, you're not a child anymore.

• Rick B

Caterpillars turn into butterflies. It means you are entering a new phase of life; adulthood.