I have one question.. Is it possible to get duplicate Fender and door Tags for my 70 Challenger ?

I have one question.. Is it possible to get duplicate Fender and door Tags from the Factory for my 70 Challenger ?

• Bort

I'm not 100% sure a dealer would do such a thing. They may have some sort of funky policy that doesn't allow them to make duplicate ID tags for anything because technically once a vehicle is put together it's tags are its tags. Those exact ID numbers are never used on any other vehicle ever again. I say I'm not 100% sure because...you never know. Maybe they will. It's going to be more expensive at a dealer IF they can and will do it. 

There are services like this that can, will, and do do that:

http://galengovier.com/products/fender-tags/

I would go to and use those services if it were me. Me personally, though, I would attempt getting the original tags repaired if they're damaged or unreadable if repairing them is possible. Some of those tags are typed, some are stamped. If they're the stamped ones they can be re-stamped and straightened out if they're bent or have become a bit unlegible because of their age. I'm confident enough in my mechanics abilities that I would attempt cleaning them up and re-stamping them and putting them back on myself. The originals are going to have to come off anyway to have the duplicates put on. The printed ones....not as easy to fix DIY. 

You can consult the local car shop.

I am not sure about the factory but many plants make after market parts for

most any car.