Why Have I been Sick for a Week?

It's been about a week, 13 days. Almost 2 weeks now. What happened was about 2 weeks ago I had some Pizza. It was good, but after having it. My throat hurted really bad. It was the same feeling In my throat I get when Im sick so I knew I was sick, Its not the pizza's fault. When Im about to be sick and I eat something It hurts from the food, but. Its not the food. But, anyways. I've been taking baths, steam, washing my hands extra, blowing my nose, lots and LOTS of water, icecream. Everything possible practically, and I am not any better. I have a lot of nose congestion, my throat is in unbelievable pain when I swallow ANYTHING. Almost unbareable, I've cried. I feel incredibleley drowsy despite the fact I've been sleeping for like 9 hours a day and getting lots of rest. It just doesn't make sence..Any ideas? Or tips to get better..

• Edna

It sounds as if you picked up some sort of 'stomach bug'' about 13 days ago - an intestinal complaint. You've also picked up nasal congestion & a sore throat on top of that - you now have a cold, in addition. That's what's making you feel sick. There's really no medication that a doctor can prescribe to deal with it  - you just have to let it run its course. While it's running its course, you'll continue to feel miserable every day. Get plenty of rest and (if you have to) force yourself to eat and drink.

It doesn't sound like strep throat to me, because that usually goes away 3-7 days after the symptoms begin. The fact you are having intense throat pain nearly 2 weeks after eating, tells me this is a bit more troubling than a common cold/strep throat, I really think you need to see a doctor here.

What needs to be done is a throat x-ray, this will determine whether or not there is something lodged in your airways, or if you have some kind of tumour that is growing in your throat causing pain. 

This needs to be addressed.

• edward

Have you considered seeing a doctor?

• audrey

Sounds like strep throat. See you PCP.

heat some water in the microwave then stir in a bunch of honey and salt

drink that

helps the throat.

• patty

if u have tried everything u may need to go to the doctor