Bought motorhome online auction.  Clean title.  Life threat problems deliberately concealed.  RV Repair finally "never be safe". Recourse?

Wires found cut in dangling bunches or missing .behind all appliances control panel outlets and lights. DC wires found under vehicle and dangling in such a way that if we started generator they would spark and not just cause fire but probably explosion.

Windows glued shut so no emergency egress.  Panels glued up over fire damage.

Just giving major issues.  

Sue them!!! As soon as possible.

Source(s): Many years of personal experience.

NOTHING was concealed.

NOTHING was disclosed.

The auction EXPLICITLY stated they didn't even guarantee the perform a visual inspection.

I don't doubt you bought it "as is". In that case you bought the problems too, it's all yours I'm afraid. That's what comes of buying a vehicle without inspecting it.

That's the risk of buying vehicles sight unseen. If the online auction site won't help you, you can sue the seller in their state.

• Bort

I would attempt contacting the auction and letting them know about this and seeing if you can get a refund. I believe it is illegal to sell a vehicle in that condition but I could be wrong and auctions may be exempt from any laws like that if it was an "as is" sale.

They're either going to try to work with you and help you or they're going to say "Sorry. All sales are as-is." so it's not their problem and they're not going to do anything about it or toward helping you.

This situation is unfortunately the risk of buying items at an auction. If you're stuck with it you do have the option of fixing it up or selling it for parts, selling parts off of it, and scraping the rest. I definitly wouldn't suggest trying to sell it as a whole unit if you saddly end up stuck with it because the auction isn't of any help or recourse.

Sell it for scrap metal.

As is sale = your problem now

Donate it to charity.

Unlike houses, there is no requirement for it to be livable. If it was sold AS IS, which many vehicles are, then you are screwed as you should have had it inspected before you bought it. If they gave you a warranty of any kind, then you need to make a list of all the issues and present it to them to be fixed under the warranty. You might check your state to see if there is a Lemon Law that might apply but I doubt it.

You've just learned the hard way why you should NEVER buy anything on line if you can't touch it, inspect it, or hear it run (If it's a vehicle). Hope you didn't pay a lot for it, because it needs to go straight to a salvage yard.

What is this "never be safe" ?  Sounds like there are issues, but in any 'where is, as is' sale sight unseen, there are bound to be surprises.   

Did this misrepresent it and say 'everything works', 'no issues', or such ?  (probably not)