What's wrong with my work truck?

When it rains it won't start up; and some times when it's dry it won't start up; but sometimes it starts up just fine. I've replaced the battery and tank is full. Thank you and God bless you.

• Edd S

Check the condition of  your distributor cap if you have one.   Moisture leaks in there can shut you down.

Wet weather starting problems are almost always ignition related. New ignition components will usually cure that.

Plug wires, distributor cap, rotor etc.

(How's it going with your bright idea of exiling all white men from America?)

Your work truck sucks.  That's what's wrong with it.

Thank you for asking, and glad I could help.

Sometimes it's simply dirt on the distributor cap, plug wires or other ignition wiring. Particularly when the atmosphere is damp the dirt can lead to the spark tracking all over the place on the outside of the cap or wires, instead of inside where it is supposed to.  Try wiping these components thoroughly clean and dry and see what happens.  It costs nothing to do and may solve the problem.

Replace the battery.  Get a tune up.  Check for trouble codes with a scanner.

Distributor wet, fuel pressure regulator, NY times crank sensor going out cam sensor Ingles immersion underneath the battery cables insulation, clogged fuel filter fuel pump going out injectors bad ground wire

• L.N.

Since it's a work truck, I'll assume it's an older vehicle. Most common cause of starting and running problems in wet weather would be a cracked distributor cap letting moisture get inside. I don't know why people here never mention make or year model, they aren't all the same you know.