Adriano asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 3 months ago

is it true that hair grows every single day?

my mom just told me that hair grows every day but i know it grows about a half an inch every month aka 6 inches per year but does hair really grow every day please let me know as soon as possible thank you

Hi,

Don't worry, if you want to have long hair.  Just trim --- NOT cut --- your hair every 4/6 weeks.  

I use to have long hair down to my waist.  Every time I cut it short, it grows right back down to my waist.  Every.  Single.  Time.  

A few months ago, I cut my hair short again and today, it's down past my shoulders.  I should have my long hair again in one year or so.  No biggie.

Be patient.

Just curious, why do you want to know as soon as possible?

It does and it goes through a rest phase. Depending on your genes your anagen phase (the phase where it's actively growing) can vary depending on your genes. 

No, it rests on one day of the week just as the bible tells us to do.

• Pippett3 months agoReport

Hi, where in the bible does it say that?  :D

• Dr. D

When you hear about hair growing a half inch each month, its just an average.

On average your hair will grown about 1/60 of an inch per day. Yes, that's very, very small. That still adds up to a half inch each month.

Hair has stages, in the growing stage it grows continuously, day or night. When the hair bulb enters the resting phase, it doesn’t grow at all, the third phase, it falls out.

• patty

.06 cms per day

Yeah it grows about 1/60th of an inch a day, you wouldn’t be able to measure it or anything but it’s true. 

yes it does just like you lose skin cells every day

• Rick

as long as YOUR blood is flowing, your hair is growing ............