Is there a way to change recipient’s name on a money transfer or a way to hide it?(wells fargo)?

I want to take a break from college and focus on something i want to work on... but i know my parents wont take it well... so i want to pretend like im still going to college and since im under a “teens” account with my parents, they can see everything i spend my money on and who i send the money to... and dont take it wrong... i’ve worked full time to pay for my own tuition(0 help from parents, they offered to help but i wanted to do it by my own). My plan was to send a monthly transfer to an account i opened with another bank And make it look like i was sending it to the college. And again... all the money i want to transfer is mine... i work full time and im also a full time student ... 

3 Answers

  • 8 months ago

    Not legally. Changing the recipient's name would be either to defraud someone or to steal money.

  • 8 months ago

    If you are 18, there is no reason you should still have a 'teen' account that they can see the activity on. Close it ASAP and keep your banking to yourself. And don't get involved with trying to change names - that's fraud, even if the money is yours. Criminals launder their money - it's their money, they just don't want the IRS to know they have it.

  • 8 months ago

    you're presumably 18. you can open an account with any bank and suffer the transfer fees. or else you can take out money orders.

    but it's far better to be honest. tell them them the truth. you have the rest of your life to finish College. these things don't really begin  to be noticeable to you chronologically until after 25. but you do fall behind in terms of promotion potential relative to your peers.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.