What should I do with my life?

I’m 22 years old, currently a full time student graduating this year with an associates degree in Criminal Justice. I have no idea what I want to do with my life. I’m open to anything that doesn’t involve a minimum wage job. Currently I been looking at three career paths: police officer, electrician, or accountant. I have a 3.8 gpa at the moment. I want a career path that ensures I won’t be jobless or broke.

• If that's what you want to do, then maybe try applying to jobs in the criminal justice feild that don't require a lot of experience.

• Carmen

Use anything connections you might have to get you into whatever field you decide to go into because sometimes it's not what you know but who you know as well take your time your whole life is ahead of you pray for strength guidance courage wisdom and a calm heart for peace of mind.

• falcon

You are the one who should decide sit and talk with a proffesional you eigher choose working with your head or working with your hands which catagory suits you?

"I want a career path that ensures I won’t be jobless or broke."

You should have thought about that before you chose a worthless degree path.

all three of those pay well,  but with a criminal justice degree I would think yo would be in the running for a Cop job, work at a jail, probation officer.

How about a criminal defense attorney?

• Judy

Being an attorney would of course require at least 5 more years of school

with those kind of grades you could probably do whatever you want

getting a degree in criminal l justice but then getting a job as an electrician just does not make sense. Why not try for a job with a police department or law office? or continue with the Criminal Justice and get a bachelors degree? You may find a good job but may decide on or end up with a total career change 10 or 20 years down the road. An electricians job will require schooling. You gotta be good at math and like doing accounting stuff to be an accountant. Stay away from drugs and booze and you will be just fine.

Believe me when I tell you this.  Join the Air Force or the Navy.  You will have a career path, free housing, free health care, guaranteed retirement pension if you stay for 20 years, and you will never be jobless,  And they will pay for you to complete a Bachelor's Degree.  You can retire in 20 years at age 42 and still have your whole life ahead of you, and you can easily get other employment when you get out and then you will have 2 pay checks.  Its the best deal going.  Do it today.  What are you going to tell your grand kids someday?  That you were a loser all your life, or that you did something exciting and extraordinary and that you made a difference.  Don't be a loser.  Go talk to an Air Force recruiter today.

CJ Degree = COP or Prison Guard. 

nobody else cares about an associates degree in CJ. i guess my sister's friend did get a job at The County Morgue moving bodies to Autopsy Table from The Gurney or The Fridge with an AA in CJ. 

mainly an AA in anything outside of specifically related vocational displines says: i have an iq around 100-105, please hire me. a BA in almost anything unrelated to itself says: i can stick with something for four years and i have an IQ of 105-115.