Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 8 months ago

What does this quote mean?

“No lover leaves a rose garden without blood on their hands”

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

You don't have to leave the garden. Anyone who gives their heart to anything bleeds. The young experience a transitory intense joy and never know, or have not yet experienced, the pain and self-sacrifice that love demands. It seems to me that more people in this frenetic world that I will soon leave grasp love with gloved hands. When they feel the pricks that one must endure when you give your heart, they leave the garden. They don't have blood on their hands. If they do it's not their own.

• 7 months ago

To me it means you must suffer for something you love/ work hard to accomplish your goals. Some of the answers are interesting tho!

• 8 months ago

It means paradise turns out not to be so perfect.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Because love might look pretty as some sweetly perfumed flower but it's attached to thorns of all kinds that rip the skin, causing bleeding and pain. Hidden thorns that no lover can avoid. It's a warning that love will cause you to bleed. Ever been really in love? Yeah. Exactly. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

What comes to my mind is the Bible scripture that says perfect love casts out fear because fear is torment.

• Lv 7
    8 months ago

they are paraphiliacs.

• L.N.
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It refers to the pain that sometimes must be endured to experiance something beautiful. Roses are beautiful, but have thorns. Likewise love can be a beautiful, but often painful thing.

• angie
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

They can't keep their hands to themselves

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.