Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 1 month ago

What's the fastest way to teach someone how to drive standard?

I'm having surgery tomorrow. My ride bailed, the only person that can drive me on such short notice has only driven my car a couple times. He can drive it but not well. I'm gonna have to teach him on the fly as we make the two hour trip to the surgeon, and after I come out he will basically be on his own. Public transport isn't an option as the surgeon requires someone to wait on me and no cab driver is going to do that. What is the best way to ensure me and my car survive the trip?

Update:

I honestly hadn't considered a rental. I'll have to look and see if I can rent one first thing

Update 2:

I meant to update earlier. I put him behind the wheel, taught him the basics on the way there, and we made it back.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Rental car with an automatic is your best option.

• 1 month ago

Use uber or lyft.

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There is no quick way - it takes practice and the development of muscle memory. 

• zeno
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Call a cab. It would only put his life in jeopardy.

Can you live with yourself if he gets killed after

He leaves with no driving experience?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Make him sit with the car off and practice this: DON'T MOVE THE STICK UNTIL THE CLUTCH IS PRESSED!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.