How can I better accept myself for being gay?

I have hated myself in the past. 

Now I feel somewhat better and my family is affirming. 

But there’s still a sense that something is wrong with it. I’ve never been romantically intimate with anyone, but I’m still curious. I’ve only been attracted to guys and not girls. 

Favorite Answer

You have acceptance and affirmation from your family.  That's a mighty big step.  Lots of LGBTQ people do not have that.  Consider yourself lucky.  You sense that there is "something still wrong" and that's probably what is preventing you from having a romantic intimate relationship with another guy.  It still stems from your earlier trauma that caused you to "hate" yourself "in the past".  You need to figure out what the key was/is.  Sometimes professional help might be the way to answer this enigma.  I urge you to seek out help from a trained professional.  You deserve more than you've got.  Good luck.

• reme_1

Call the gay center and talk to the counselor. Meet other people your age. You will see that you can be a happy even gay. Talk to others who are out. This is 2020. THis is so much easier than when I came out in 1975. Your parents are supportive. This should be a piece of cake for you now. Do you know how many families toss their kids out of the house, disown them, or send them to anti gay camps? GEt out there and make some new friends. You got your whole life ahead of you - but it is short so don't waste it. GO be happy. HUGS from a SENIOR lesbian

I'm sorry you feel this way. I'm lesbian and took me years to be okay with who I was even after I came out to my family and friends. Just take things day by day and realize you were born gay and there's nothing wrong with it. It's who you are. I hope things get better for you 

just don't hate yourself. There is literally nothing wrong with being LGB.