Rizwan asked in HealthOptical · 10 months ago

Can’t read clearly with contacts?

Hi all 

I recently starting wearing contacts for my nearsightedness 

I can now see things at distance quite clearly and well 

However, I have noticed slight discomfort in reading text on my phone or in books now. The writing isn’t as sharp or clear as before and I notice myself trying to squint 

Is this normal?

I have that problem when I wear my contacts because I am in my late 40s and I have to use reading glasses a lot when I do wear contacts. My glasses are progressive bifocals and I can see excellent at all distances.

It's normal if you are forty. Less expected if you are quite a bit younger than that. It is possible that you are over corrected. It is also possible that this is just how it is going to be. There is a great lens out there called Biofinity Energys tha may be just what you need. There are a lot of reasons why this might not be the lens for you but if it works, it can solve problems like you have very well. You can wear over the counter reading glasses if this is just a problem once in a while.

• Bill

You might need a slightly different prescription.