Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

How do I get my neighbor to take down his confederate flag?

I've asked him 3 times with no avail. The flag is hurtful and triggering. It makes me angry and cry as I drive by it daily. It makes me sick he is so oblivious to his white male privilege.

204 Answers

  • 1 year ago

    You shouldn't need to do that. We live in a pseudo democracy that guarantees the superficiality of putting whatever flag you want in your yard.

  • Anonymous
    1 year ago

    your a tax payer you do not have to put up with that you can sue over this

    and win no one has to put up with this

  • 1 year ago

    Call the cops or government so they know you are being offended. 

  • 1 year ago

    people like him don't care if it hurts you. that's why they have it up, they have the whole "this new generation is full of snowflakes" bullshit idea stuck in their heads. if you don't wanna do anything illegal, there isn't really much you can do besides keep bugging him about it. but maybe act less like it hurts you and more like he's stupid for having it up and you find it funny. they don't like being made fun of.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

    Then you need to get over yourself! It's called free speech and he has the right to fly it. There is no such thing as White male privilege! Frankly, if I was your neighbor and knew this is what it did to you, I'd decorate my house with the Rebel Flag.

  • 1 year ago

    Tell him if it isn't solid white, it isn't the true Confederate flag...

  • remind him that his side LOST , and it just shows how much of a LOSER he IS . not to mention his side commited Treason aginst this country 

  • 1 year ago

    Sorry but you can't. Its a legal flag, and it's his property. He can do whatever he wants

  • 1 year ago

    That’s his freedom of speech. If it triggers you than don’t look at it. Stop being so sensitive. The world isn’t going to cater to your beliefs. 

  • 1 year ago

    Unless he is violating a zoning law or an HOA rule there is nothing you can do.  Pull up your big boy pants and get on with your life. BTW - I don't believe a word of what you are saying.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.