Should i call out of work tonight due to this cold weather?

Well i work tonight, the weather is going to get worse where I am. Even my husband got sent home from his job early he was supposed to leave at 5:45pm but its 9:21am and he came home telling me him and his coworkers got sent home due to the cold weather temperatures.

If it makes it any different I would have to take the bus ( i dont drive) in the freezing cold at 5pm in the dark (its 23°f where i am now but the news says if feels like 9°f)

Should i call out or not?

I work a retail job

Yeah i decided to go. I really dont know why everyone at home is telling me to stay home

• H

Unless the road is going to be so icy that it's unsafe to drive, you should go to work. 

• Judy

Are you planning to call off every time it gets below 20? Grow up, and bundle up.

• That is no where near cold to me. I've gone to work in -30 degree C temps with a snow storm, while I worked in retail when I had to take a bus. Working isn't about what you do or don't like to do to get there. If you need the money you have to work. Bundle up in a warm jacket, and a few layers, wear a scarf and hat (if you have them) you should be fine. 

Also if you're calling out a lot, they can cut back on your hours which are probably pretty low since it's after the holidays. Maybe some one should be saving up for a car and some driving lessons.

Anyone working outdoors or in unheated warehouses would be sent off. Standard businesses won't release people unless there's unsafe road conditions.

• Scott

Maybe if you work outside. But you work retail, so get to work.

• Eva

That's not all that cold. Calling out would not be a good idea. Bundle up, cover your face, and go to work.

Don't call out ! Dress in layers.😉

• y

I'm guessing he got sent home becouse his work is outside in some manner, and it is too cold to be doing outside work. You work in retail, temp will not matter, which means you need to be there.

It depends what kind of you do.