Should we indulge in sex before marriage - A question not relevant in western world but very much relevant in most of the eastern world?

It's an individual decision. I don't know what anyone "SHOULD".

• Linda

That question has been asked repeatedly for years. Morally speaking from the bible's perspective, we should not and it is a sin. But in the western world the norm for someone having sex these days is about 16 or 17, so everybody is doing it or so it seems. Should we? I think it depends on how we feel about the other person, our moral and religious viewpoint, and what we think is important. It has to be an individual decision and there is no right or wrong decision in my opinion. The eastern world has an entirely different viewpoint and some cultures punish those not in wedlock with beatings or even death, so we cannot compare the two cultures. My own way of thinking is that sex before marriage can bring you closer and make you enjoy the relationship more as long as you practice responsible birth control, so it varies. There is not a one size fits all in this situation because there are too many variables.

That's a hard one to form an answer for given the amount of details you provided. 

So, I'd say it's situational.

One one side indulging may deepen your bond with each other, on the other - you may arrive to the finish line too quickly.

Think about this: if you try everything now, how are you going to surprise each other after 10 years?

Everything new will be old one day. 

The amount of disturbing things people watch or do today is alarming because they are forgetting they also enjoy simple lovemaking.

• RP

If one has strongly held beliefs... convictions... either way, then s/he is obliged to do what is consistent with those beliefs. Those who attempt to please others by going against what they know is right for them... whether having premarital sex or abstaining... are likely to regret that decision later in life. The governing sentiment is, "most of all, to thine own self be true."

Ask yourself if you'd be prepared to live the rest of your life without sex in exchange for marrying the person you're with. If the answer is yes then go ahead and get married as virgins. You might get lucky and end up with someone who likes sex and is able to climax with you. On the other hand, doing this is committing for life to a complete unknown in terms of sexual chemistry. So it really comes down to how important sex is to you and whether you could stay true to a partner who isn't sexually compatible with you.

• Linda

And your moral viewpoint 

From a practical point of view, I think that sex before marriage is a good thing, in terms of a person's growth and self-expression. Having said that, you really should be careful and discerning about who you get close to. You need to be able to make rational adult decisions.

If sex before marriage is going to result in you being disowned by your family who have already arranged who you are going to marry, then you will have to make a tough decision between your personal happiness and your family relationships.

As a western world person, I find the idea of arranged marriages horrific and barbaric, and a terrible infringement on a person's right to make their own choices in life... something that they should be able to do without fear that their family will abandon them. But I also understand how many people are culturally trapped in that reality. I'm glad that I never had to deal with that.

If you never have sex before marriage, then that is no big deal. But if you are going to be forced into an unhappy existence, then I would encourage you to consider questioning that and fighting it, and I don't expect that would be easy.

• Linda

True

We are sexual beings, not only vital for the survival of our species but completely natural. Social/moral constraints, including those that are supposedly religious based (and tend to focus on women), are false constraints, put in place for all the wrong reasons.  People should feel free to do what they feel comfortable with, without guilt.  As long as no one is harmed in the process, as long as measures are taken to prevent unwanted pregnancy and std's, there should not be any guilt for doing what we are created to do.   All that being said, if one or both of you isn't comfortable with it, its completely your decision.  It just shouldn't be based on what others have told you is the right (or wrong) thing to do.

we shouldn’t i’m sorry

• Linda

I disagree unless you can say why