Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 8 months ago

Are ghost real?

My mom believes in ghost but I think that they are fake

• Mr. P

They are real enough when you see them, but if you haven't then carry on believing they don't exist because to you they don't.

I have seen quite a few, researched enough to find out who they were and often how they died. Once you do see that there is printed evidence it is hard to discredit as just being made up or imagination. I don't know the mechanism of what or how it is caused, but sometimes I just see the past usually of someone in pain or dying. It's not fun but it is interesting.

Oldest sighting was a number of kids from the bronze age, and most recent was a guy and his dead girlfriend in a car crash. Interesting that one because while he was talking to me she was just dead next to him. You would expect both to say something. He just kept saying how sorry he was and that it wasn't his fault. He ended up freezing to death before morning, or it could have been internal injuries or shock. Anyway he couldn't move.

Not all sightings are deaths. I've seen people screaming having teeth pulled in 1850, some black slaves locked in a warehouse in the 1700's, some soldiers along a road from 1308, lots of boots on a staircase that was a school in 1800's, boys playing cricket in 1920's, a gaoler from the 1400's, and some kids locked in prison in the 1700's. But most are deaths - drowning, suicide, a hanging, accidents and murder.

I always try and find out who they are and usually I do.

No, ghosts not real. Scientists never find any firm evidence that ghosts exist. They present problems to Science and Logic. If ghosts exist, why we not see billions of them, how can they wear clothing, etc.?

• Jesere

YES, they are real. I have seen both ghosts and Spirits. I have lived in two places with resident ghosts.

• Alan H

The word is simply old English for guest.....so, yes

If they were real.

They would be everywhere.

You would not be able to turn around without running into one.

There are more people who have died on this planet than there are people alive today.

It's my personal opinion that your mother is WRONG.

We would all see them all the time.

• Dubbs

I don't think you should be so quick at dismissing the possibility of ghosts. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and the concepts and beliefs of ghosts stems back to the inception of humanity. Although not all claims are legitimate, it only takes one real account of a ghost to verify.

But isn't that the point? There are no real accounts that can be counted as truthful?

Well how do you know? Our current society flat out resists the concept because we are conditioned to do so. Proof of ghosts would establish proof of life after death and this would give some form of credence to any type of religion. Our current establishment can't accept that because they've worked so hard to suppress it. You won't read about stories of paranormal activity in the paper or hear about it on the news because the media enforces strict censorship. Someone higher up in the company gets to make these decisions. As 95% of America media outlets are owned and controlled by only a handful of conglomerates, they practically have a monopoly over the thoughts of an average citizen that doesn't read books and can't exercise thought beyond televised intake.

Most people do not have an original thought and generally, either knowingly or unknowingly, follow the philosophies and ideologies of someone else. So many people reject the authenticity of anything paranormal because they follow the beliefs of someone they feel is smarter then them.

Those in power don't promote such notions of the paranormal beyond a money making movie of the week, it is often laughed at and considered ludicrous so people will often not dare to venture in such beliefs out of fear of being made fun of. The notion might very well be kept hidden because the belief in an afterlife calms the fear of the unknown, which awaits us all after death. And if we all live a life in fear of death, this will keep us complacent with all the injustice of this life.

They are FAKE!!!!!.....

• Lôn

GHOSTS, not ghost!

Yes ghost are real.  Just don't ask what ghost are, because nobody knowing that.  Ghost could be spirit of dead, could be spirit of living, could be spirit of blue force jedi, or could be none of the above.

If ghost are fake, how you fake them?  Just askings, no reasons.

Ya they are real