Who do i need to get in touch with to get medical release form from my old doctors office to give to my new pcp?

5 Answers

  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favourite answer

    Your question isn't really clear.

    If you want your chart notes/medical records transferred from one doctor to another, you can

    1. Contact doctor #1 and request that they send the records to doctor #2. You may need to sign a "records release form" before they will do that.

    2. Ask the office of doctor #2 to contact the office of doctor #1 and request your records. Again, they may require written permission from you.

    Source(s): I work in a medical office and deal with patient records all day.
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    The staff for your new PCP have the forms. Fill it out there and they will fax it to the old doctor. 

  • R K
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

    your new doctor should have a form for you to fill out to have your records sent to them.

  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

    You go to your current physician's office and ask to sign a release of information form.  You can list the doctor you want the office to send to.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

    Your new doctor should provide such a form.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.