Who do i need to get in touch with to get medical release form from my old doctors office to give to my new pcp?

• Sandy
    Favorite Answer

Your question isn't really clear.

If you want your chart notes/medical records transferred from one doctor to another, you can

1. Contact doctor #1 and request that they send the records to doctor #2. You may need to sign a "records release form" before they will do that.

2. Ask the office of doctor #2 to contact the office of doctor #1 and request your records. Again, they may require written permission from you.

Source(s): I work in a medical office and deal with patient records all day.
    • Sandy

Just as noted in my previous comment.  State your name, phone number, and your date of birth. Then "Please consider this as a formal request for you to send my medical records to the office of Dr. XYZ."
      List contact numbers for that doctor, including their fax number and email if you know it.

• Bruce

The staff for your new PCP have the forms. Fill it out there and they will fax it to the old doctor. 

• R K

your new doctor should have a form for you to fill out to have your records sent to them.

You go to your current physician's office and ask to sign a release of information form.  You can list the doctor you want the office to send to.

Your new doctor should provide such a form.

• Najae1 month agoReport

Yeah but I can never get through to anyone