Who do i need to get in touch with to get medical release form from my old doctors office to give to my new pcp?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Sandy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Your question isn't really clear.

If you want your chart notes/medical records transferred from one doctor to another, you can

1. Contact doctor #1 and request that they send the records to doctor #2. You may need to sign a "records release form" before they will do that.

2. Ask the office of doctor #2 to contact the office of doctor #1 and request your records. Again, they may require written permission from you.

Source(s): I work in a medical office and deal with patient records all day.
    • ...Show all comments
    • Sandy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Just as noted in my previous comment.  State your name, phone number, and your date of birth. Then "Please consider this as a formal request for you to send my medical records to the office of Dr. XYZ."
      List contact numbers for that doctor, including their fax number and email if you know it.

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The staff for your new PCP have the forms. Fill it out there and they will fax it to the old doctor. 

• R K
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

your new doctor should have a form for you to fill out to have your records sent to them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You go to your current physician's office and ask to sign a release of information form.  You can list the doctor you want the office to send to.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Your new doctor should provide such a form.

• Najae1 month agoReport

Yeah but I can never get through to anyone

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.