Shilo
Lv 7
Shilo asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

If Trump's defense team manages to prevent witnesses from testifying during the Senate's Impeachment trial, is that a cover-up?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Let me see, the Trump administration, both with the assistance of the Republican members, for the most part, in the Senate and through it's own power is attempting to prevent any witnesses being brought to testify.  This is the opposite of what Trump originally claimed he wanted, a chance to face his accusers.  Why did he change his mind or why do others not want the evidence presented?  The only logical reason (logic, an anathema to Trump, Republicans, and their supporters) would be that they are afraid, even with their own lawyers present, of what may come out.

• Shilo
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

-in summary, a cover-up.

• Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's obstruction. If they have nothing to hide, why prevent any witness from testifying?

• Why bless your soul.

There's not going to be any trial.

This is the Republican version of the Clinton Impeachment...Life's a Never Ending Wheel.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Trump's entire career has been a serious of cover ups. That was his thing in NYC when he was a crooked real estate 'tycoon."  That's why he is scared to death of releasing simple tax returns. That's why he continues to run away from impeachment investigations. History will not be kind to him.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

NO - the Democrats should not be able to ask for witnesses when they WOULD NOT accept Republican witnesses during their '''drumhead''' trial.

They have NO RIGHT to ask or demand a single gawdamn thing from the Senate. Their right to fuque over the President ended when they surrendered the impeachment articles.

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nancy's crew could have called anyone they wanted and could have enforced the subpoenas for those that did not show. But they were in a hurry. 

• 1 month ago

Depends how they stop witnesses? It could be witness intimidation which is a crime.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, a trial without witnesses or documents is a cover-up.

• Duck
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That would meet the definition of a cover up.

• 1 month ago

Trumped up charges by traitors and liars. https://i.imgflip.com/3bwd1l.jpg

• ...Show all comments
    • Shilo
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Raisin Caine - I'll say this once and say no more. You answered my question through a loophole. I play by the rules. You are blocked and will remain blocked. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.