Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceQuotations · 1 month ago

Is it true that "No good deed goes unpunished"?

Sometimes, but certainly not always. It's a very cynical outlook on doing good.

• ❤️1 month agoReport

rewarded and some ppl believe bad deeds punished.  It was intended  to be a spin or cynical take on the original quote which most ppl know is not true

No, not at all. It's a humorous phrase people use when they've tried to help someone and their help was met with some type of hostility and not appreciated. I know some people view it as a sarcastic comment but it's intended to be a light and humorous response. That's the way I've always used the phrase and the way I interpret it when anyone else has said it in real life.  (That's Life!  You can't control  how someone else is going to react) 

Added -  for example, I've used it on Q & A forums when someone gives a heartfelt answer and the person who asked the question goes on the attack.  I've said it as a way to break up tension or lighten the mood. Chill.......  but most of all to make the person who was being attacked feel better.  Laughter is good!

I've also used the phrase to make 'fun' of myself. 

____________

Science explains it by saying 'it's human nature - most people tend to recall the bad instead of the good when something bad happens.'   

• y

In my case, yes. But that's life, one learns to deal with it.

• ❤️1 month agoReport

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger?  Here's to better days !!!