Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

My 11 year old son gets bullied at school just cause he’s a bit weird and likes to catch and dissect frogs. How do I deal with the bullying?

get your kid professional help. like most of the other people answering this said: catching and cutting up frogs isn't normal. in science class, sure. but doing it repeatedly and on his own free time is ****** up. the other kids are most likely bullying him because they're freaked out by him, and i don't blame them. i get that you want to support his interests and you don't want to hear anything bad spoken about him since he's your son, but he needs help. do something about it before it gets out of hand.

For all the difference it makes your 11 y/o son might even be some kind-o-Doogie Howser-type genius or something,, But 'Who's kidding who Mom?

As far as many people are concerned, Catching & dissecting frogs is comparable to sadistically torturing puppies & kittens, nose-picking, booger eating & pulling the wings & limbs off of insects for kicks & giggles ,,,So if you wanna support your Geek-son's interest in Biological Anatomy I suggest going online & ordering him some of those big jars of frogs, baby pigs & earthworms that are available for that purpose & DON'T let him take his projects to school for show & tell considering how Flaky-Woke some teachers are getting these days!,,,,AND,,if you happen to notice his interest in Anatomy starting to gravitate towards such specifics as Gynecology or Proctology I HIGHLY recommend keeping a Really really CLOSE Eye on him!! 

Tell him to stand up for himself and say smart reply back like "Well I Dissect frogs I  might the one operating on your heart one day think about that." sometimes you got say something with fire 

• 1 month agoReport

sorry, but that will NOT work at all. 

You and your son would probably benefit from professional counseling.

Well my bullies stopped messing with me when I almost killed one of them with a classroom chair. But in this case you might want him to stop disecting frogs in front of people can he take the frogs home? Feels a bit creepy even to me to cut so many frogs.

Punch them and kick them.

• art

so you think it is okay for your wierd son to catch, torture and kill frogs, he sounds like a serial killer in training, no wonder other kids are bullying him

Give him a gun so he can shoot the bullies.

• Mark

Frogs for dissection are RAISED to be dissected (but I think you know that).  Biology teachers just don't go out to a swamp and "kidnap" frogs out of nature to kill them.  Again, as you no doubt know, "pulling the wings off flies" escalates to "dissecting frogs" to "I want to see what's inside of a housecat, so I'll steal the neighbours'" to ...?   (You get the picture.)  So, the problem isn't "bullying", it's with your son, who I have no concrete evidence even EXISTS.

How do the kids at school know what he does in his free time?