When should I wear my glasses?

I’ll try to keep it short. As a kid, eye doctors told me that I would need glasses when I got older as my eyes were starting to get bad from a younger age. 

I’m 21 now, and I went to a recent eye exam, and the doctor said that I would mainly need the glasses for night driving, or watching movies/tv. 

I went out and got glasses a few months after receiving the prescription. 

After trying them on, I thought “everything looks the same as before” but when I took them off, I instantly realized how everything was really blurry, but I thought it was clear. My eyes are not bad compared to people that depend on glasses. My doctor said I can pass a drivers exam without glasses. My prescription is pretty mild. 

I don’t know what to do. Do I wear them or not? I kinda like how I look in them, and then make every day objects look HD, but I don’t really need them, and people are telling me that my eyes are gonna get worse with glasses. 

I don’t know if I should wear them or not.

You should wear them from the time that you get up till you go to bed! Yes you do need them, even if you can drive without them as your eyes will NOT get better without them! Your eyes will get used to them and it will be second nature to grab them first thing! Don't worry about what others think and wear them! You just need to get used to wearing them and you will be fine!

your eyes are not going to get worse with glasses, it is an urban legend. 2 of my sons have the same prescription as u - one wears glasses only for driving and another wears them only for watching tv and not always. they have been using glasses for many years and their eye sight did not get any worse. if u do not wear glasses when u need to strain your eyes u might start having headache