Has anyone here gotten these kinds of phone calls lately?

I keep getting calls from a number in the United States. But when I answer the call, I immediately get a recording of a woman in Chinese.  So I usually hang up right away. Does anyone get these kinds of calls, or is it just me

• Olive

Yea scam calls. All they want is your information such as ssn, name, bank account numbers etc so they can scam you big time. Yea you did the best thing by hanging up, cause nothing good about them

• Olive

Thanks

• ron h

yes. It's fuggin crazy. I have no idea what they're trying to do, but I've blocked it several times.

Those are scam calls from people who are out to scam innocent victims for money and to steal your identity. Always hang up right away when you get those calls and block them. Many people and myself included are getting these phone calls too. I even get calls that say "Can you here me?" If you get that type of call too, remember to hang up right away and never ever say yes. All these are fraudulent calls. 

All sorts of weird calls happen all the time.

Nothing will stop or prevent them.

We live the worst times ever, billions of dollars are lost to such scam every year, whatever happens don't give them your personal details. 

Their Scam calls using a device to look like A U.S.A Number 

EVERYBODY gets them. Just don't answer any call from a # you don't recognize. If the call is legitimate, the caller will leave a voicemail.

These are just scam calls or telemarketing calls, block, hang up or better yet do not answer and allow the call to go to voicemail. If the call is important or from anyone you actually know, they will leave a message so you can get in touch with them. 

Speaking of such calls, never answer in the affirmative, to Any questions asked, as you may be giving permission to access or pay for things. 

Yeah I get those.  Once you answer your number goes on the " Call this number, it is active "  list.  Yay technology !

Don’t answer it. It’s a scam. If you answer it, it also notifies other robocallers that your line is active so you’ll get a lot more robocalls. 

I get them all the time. It’s either from San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Mateo, an 877, 855, or 844 area code. It’s every freaking day. Doesn’t matter if it’s early in the morning or after dinner. 

It says it’s from the Chinese embassy, something about a package from DHK. Another one says it’s from the Chinese embassy of Bank of America. At least that’s what google translate says since I don’t speak mandarin.I just put my mobile on do not disturb and only allow my contacts to get through. 

• Will

Possibly, but I don't know. I am always getting calls from New Jersey, Georgia, and Washington, but since I don't know anyone from those states or even use a service that has their hq there, I don't answer. And it's always a different phone number, so I know they are scammers running a computer program that mocks phone numbers.