Are you for or against the electoral college. Why or why not?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

The dumbocrats loved it when perv Clinton lost the pop vote by 9 million

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Since it prevents the rich or foreign countries from buying the Presidency, I am for it.

• Ir's a Constitutional safeguard to prevent the more populated areas from automatically "picking who the President is" every election.

One day, a Democrat President will be elected by electoral college while losing the popular vote.

I'm pretty sure at that point, Democrats will love the EC ..and won't call that POTUS "illegitimate."

• 1 month ago

The popular vote was never intended to be how the president got elected. It is states with regional cultures that to be reflected. Otherwise, we become like the Roman Empire where only what Rome wants maters. In this case just a few large population centers. Besides, the Electoral college considers population in the Electoral vote.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don't care. I'm not American.

• 1 month ago

I for one am for it.  I do not want three states telling the rest of the country who is going to be president every election.

Former SSgt.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ideally, we would have a country with it, but this country is going in the waste-bin of history. Maybe when America breaks up we can have a similar system.

• 1 month ago

depends on what theyre doing there

• pearlmar
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

This answer makes no sense whatsoever.

• ioerr
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i don't think it makes that much difference either way

• ...Show all comments
    • ioerr
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

otoh, without the college, you will inevitably get losing candidates complaining about high density population states controlling the results, making votes from low population states worthless.  or in other words, somebody's always going to be unhappy.  that's what i mean by it makes no difference.

• Rick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I am for it, why should LA get to choose the president.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.