Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Why do people love trolling?

I seriously think someone who has the time to sit around indoors all day abusing people online are legit Psychopaths. Nobody with normal empathy levels would drop to the level of trolls. Telling people to end their lives or causing slander making up drama stories that are not even real. I've got this group of fake accounts who are disliking my YouTube videos commenting saying I'm ugly and untalented etc what on earth motivates people to be that bored to insult people the know or don't know? 

Favorite Answer

It's just the way the world is i guess. Good doesn't exist without bad. These little trolls have deep rooted issues that they refuse to deal with. So in order for them to feel fine again the only way is to try bring everyone on their level so that their lives don't seem so bad. Ignore them. If you go and report these trolls to police, then they have got to you and achieved what they wanted. Offending and Hurting you. 

• megalomaniac

Good can exist without bad.  Why does it have to be a zero sum situation?

Just for the feels alone.

A T T E N T I O N. Plain and simple. The more of a wave they can create the more the attention will wash over them. If they can not get positive attention they will take the next best model negative attention. They will only ask that you spell their name correctly while telling your friends family or asking a question about them on yahoo answers.

In reality they are quite lonely and rely on attention to validate they matter.

• Lili

They have no lives. Trolling is the only thing that gives them any sense of importance, and since being a YA troll isn't actually important at all, you can't fail to grasp how extremely pathetic their existences must be.

They have bad lives with nothing better to do. 

They want to get a reaction.

I used to have a friend who said negative things about EVERYTHING.     He was 33 years old and living with a bunch of younger girls in a rented house and owning a 10 year old used car.  People do such thing because they have a low self esteem and they have a bad job and not earning what they should do at a specific age.  To express their anger, they said bad things to anyone....   but themselves.  

Source(s): his name is Hasan

they are just cowards sat in some room somewhere, they are ridiculous and pathetic.

"Kindly explain these points, and so rescue me from the jaws of the monster of Karma."?

53. "Shame on the fools infatuated with love for women. Women are like nothing but birds flitting above the tree tops.

36-38. "In secret that woman introduced her son to my friend. That son was an ignorant fool with eyes blood-shot with drink. (Snakes and lizards to whom the world looks beautiful) And my friend went on enjoying him in my very presence. But she, though completely overpowered by him and being enjoyed by him day after day, never left me, and I, too, did not abandon her. And out of that union was born a fool of the same type as his father.

50. "Similar is the fate of the people who, deluded with the quest of happiness, have fallen into the snares of the task-master of action. They are bewildered in their frenzy and destruction awaits them

I agree.  There is something wrong with people who delight in the emotional manipulation of others.  I don't get it, but there seems to be an awful lot of them.  It probably has something to do with low self esteem.