How do I make more friends when Im homeschooled?

I've been homeschooled my whole life and I only have two real friends, all my public schooled friends have like 8 best friends and I'm jealous. Help?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 hour ago

I could ask the same. I'm home schooled. I have no friends I live in the middle of nowhere. The only communication I get is With my Mom. Step-dad, and Mean big.  brother. My brother is 20 and hates me. I'm invisible.

• 3 weeks ago

You need dance class, or tennis, or karate 

What about piano or some instrument. 

You should have an activity outside the home.

Your home school curriculum should require a creative art and a physical activity so check into those.

Friends happen when you get into some activities. 

I knew a girl who was on a city sponsored swim team and a bowling league the whole time she was home schooled....3rd to 12th then got part work from both as she started jr college close to home.

• 3 weeks ago

Get involved in activities based on your interests. In many states a homeschooled student can participate in sports and arts programs at their local public school.  IF those are a good fit, look at other types of groups or programs - there are faith-based youth groups, club and recreational sports programs, robotics programs, dance classes, cycling groups, gardening, etc.  There's volunteering too. There are also programs for homeschooled kids for this very purpose.  

• Nicey8
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Hi. find friends who are of the same hobbies or join weekend enrichment classes. Jealousy is  comparing yourself to others; you are unique. Jealousy will  not lead to any where.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Expat
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

Join something like a sports team at your local playground, basketball, baseball, etc.; join a karate or dance class or join something like the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Go to some of the public school sporting events.

• 4 weeks ago

One real friend is better than a hundred fake ones.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Online Facebook join emo groups

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.