How do I make more friends when Im homeschooled?

I've been homeschooled my whole life and I only have two real friends, all my public schooled friends have like 8 best friends and I'm jealous. Help?

• 1 hour ago

I could ask the same. I'm home schooled. I have no friends I live in the middle of nowhere. The only communication I get is With my Mom. Step-dad, and Mean big.  brother. My brother is 20 and hates me. I'm invisible.

You need dance class, or tennis, or karate 

What about piano or some instrument. 

You should have an activity outside the home.

Your home school curriculum should require a creative art and a physical activity so check into those.

Friends happen when you get into some activities. 

I knew a girl who was on a city sponsored swim team and a bowling league the whole time she was home schooled....3rd to 12th then got part work from both as she started jr college close to home.

Get involved in activities based on your interests. In many states a homeschooled student can participate in sports and arts programs at their local public school.  IF those are a good fit, look at other types of groups or programs - there are faith-based youth groups, club and recreational sports programs, robotics programs, dance classes, cycling groups, gardening, etc.  There's volunteering too. There are also programs for homeschooled kids for this very purpose.  

• Nicey8

Hi. find friends who are of the same hobbies or join weekend enrichment classes. Jealousy is  comparing yourself to others; you are unique. Jealousy will  not lead to any where.

• Expat

Join something like a sports team at your local playground, basketball, baseball, etc.; join a karate or dance class or join something like the Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts.

Go to some of the public school sporting events.

One real friend is better than a hundred fake ones.

Online Facebook join emo groups