Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationOther - Cars & Transportation · 4 weeks ago

how much money do I have to pay for a down payment on a car that will make my co workers jealous of me? ?

some of my co workers already have cars but they are just basic everyday cars. i figured if they were gonna try and beat me at getting a car first then ill just 1 up them by getting an even sexier car than all of theirs that will make them go "omg i can't believe he has a sexier car than me. waaaaaaaah" 

Better you should have a contest to see who can rub the most hot sauce in his eyes. You go first. Same kind of contest you want to run having a better car than every one else. Also that gives them more to laugh at you about.

Since it will be your first car and you DON'T have years of driving experience, and the insurance costs will likely bankrupt you, your first car should be a gently used hoopty that runs well but might not look so hot or sexy. Once you hit age 25 and have a clean driving record, you can afford something nicer and the insurance will not kill you. Lots of decent used cars under $10K for a first time car and lots of nice used cars under $20K for a second car at age 25. 

No, DUMMY... A car DOES NOT make you sexy.

When I rode my '06  FX to class,  someone "topped"  me  with 2016 Indian "Chief", custom paint.  Said  " Diablo Azul". And another with a Victory. Few things "sexier" than a Harley. 

My situation is Different. I'd wanted an FLH since I was 24, Why Not  for  my 62nd Birthday present?  I bought her for Me and to fit in with the ALR,  Not impress texting 19 yos like at class… I love riding Everywhere, better  than an '86 Toy.   And, No,  my neighbors aren't "impressed".  Hate the sound  of my straight pipes. 

You will always be "topped". Quit while ahead, stay with a beater you Know is reliable, save Your  $$.  NG if that fancy car you get craps put on you and Costs $$ for a specialist.  Boss Doesn't care,  he only cares You get to work on time, every day. Better  the Devil you know...

People will just think you're stupid if you do that. 

I used to work across the street from an apartment complex, in a run down neighborhood. Every morning, I saw someone pulling out of the garage area of the complex in a very expensive looking Mercedes, and I would think to myself "How stupid is THAT".

Living in a dump and driving an expensive car.

• Trump 2020

Smart people live in a nice home and neighborhood, and drive an economy car. Works for ME.

That is a good way to always remain POOR.

• griggle

Exactly. 

Less than $100 bucks, buy this thing outright for way way less.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Little-Tikes-Classic-Coup...

This is a truly dumb reason for buying a car. They are used for transportation.

• Anon

Funny how $$ cars are still sold? If "everyone not dumb" they wouldn't sell them. Majority has you at a loss. Even frugal Japaneses and Swiss slit occasionally buy kilos, big ostentatious cars. There is a Toyota limo made For Japan, Only, sells well, not exported. 

• Kaz

That's pathetic.  Most people don't give a crap about what kind of car "someone else" is driving.  Someone will always have a newer model or a fancier car than you or I.... Who CARES? 

Another question that tells me that YA is really a troll website.  I really need to find another hobby.