Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthHealth & Well-BeingInjuries · 1 month ago

I've got a deep cut at the back of my throat (my doctor told me after an endoscopy) what are they going to do about it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If it was bleeding, they would cauterize it with heat using the same endoscope.  No cutting, no stitches.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

you ate potato chips

take Vit C to speed up the healing

process

• 1 month ago

Perhaps you should have asked your doctor?

In any case, the best cure is to allow your body to fix itself as it does with most other cuts. 

Medical intervention only becomes necessary if the cut does not heal AND causes problems as a result.

• 1 month ago

Not much they can do-

Cuts heal on their own, usually within a week! If your doctor feels you need stitches, then you'd need surgery. The surgery would involve cutting your throat open, so they can reach the cut, it would be stitched up, and then the incision wound also would be stitched as well.

Most likely though, all the doctor will do would be to prescribe you pain medication and then send you home. You will also be asked to touch base with your doctor if you noticed any swelling, or infection in your throat and then report back to them if that's the case.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • patty
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

a band aid I spose

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.