Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why do atheists claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste of the truth that God is real when it’s served up?

You often see them flying into outlandish and uncontrollable rants fueled with irrational anger and hatred, asserting that their fantasied reality which excludes God is the truth, even though they have no evidence for such a claim?

Do you think this demonstrates one of the stupidities of atheism?

Really? How do you identify an atheist? I would have thought there were more Christians ranting here, if you include lengthy Bible quotes.

Bad news; atheists don't care.

• Retief

Most atheists were believers at one time, but since have learned the truth that Christians either can't or won't accept (its quite clear in the Bible).

"which excludes God is the truth" - since there is no proof God actually exists, he can't be the truth.

Hon, if you need to believe in a God, you go right ahead.

Atheists are more rational than that.

Proverbs 23:23

Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

• Ricardo

The fundie lies, how cute.

the taste of the truth that god is real is never true when it’s served up.  god may very well be real, but not when someone like you is doing the proclaiming. 

I actually had an epiphany of sorts just earlier today concerning the nonbelievers. They are lazy. It takes a dedicated effort and time to develop a relationship with Yeshua and they simply are not willing to do it. Here is what I suggest to people as these are the very things that I do:

I have met Yeshua ("Jesus") a number of times over the past 25 years. He is real, He is alive, He has spoken to me, and I have spoken to Him. Each encounter was unexpected and unique. Search YouTube for "Jesus encounter" and you will see He has appeared to atheists, Jews, Muslims, etc...

John 8:23-24 Yeshua said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he [the messiah, the Son of God] you will die in your sins.”

Matthew 10:37-38 [Yeshua speaking] Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Is Yeshua the most important thing in your life? How much time do you spend with Him every day? Is He your friend?

To "take up your cross" is to deny the desires (not the needs) of the flesh and be obedient to the laws and commandments of God. As you develop a relationship with Yeshua ("Jesus") you will hear from the Holy Spirit (Dreams, Visions, Words of Knowledge, Words of Wisdom, etc...) You must be obedient to what the Holy Spirit communicates to you without hesitation. If you are asked to do something, or told not to do something, the immediate answer is "Yes Lord", worry about the details later - He will lead and guide you in accomplishing anything you are asked to do as you do it.

Spend time in prayer every day (praying out loud). Here are prayers I say every day. Modify them as you see fit for your situation and circumstances:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/li9k4kpvhvfx9yc/Daily%20...

Spend 30 minutes or more every day reading your Bible (reading out loud). Start with Matthew and read to the end, then start at the beginning. I use the ESV, but the King James (not the "New" King James) is the most accurate translation as it is the ONLY translation that uses the Textus Receptus manuscripts.

If you are willing to set aside the things that take up most of your time (TV, movies, gaming, Facebook, Internet, etc... you know what you spend most of your time doing), and dedicate three hours every evening to the Lord, within a few months if not sooner you will see a mighty move of God in your life. Develop the following routine and stick to it consistently:

Spend the first hour praying in tongues. Praying in tongues (out loud) is probably the most important thing I have learned to do. Since I started doing this I have had numerous dreams, visions, and even encounters with Yeshua. Here is a document that will help you understand and get started:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pibf1bwoqmoo74/Pray%20i...

Spend the second hour waiting on the Lord quietly. This will help you learn how:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57n603ps4tv62ri/Wait%20A...

Spend the third hour singing (out loud) praise and worship songs. These songs should mention the blood of Jesus, the cross, and/or attributes of the character and nature of God. Here are a few of my favorites (you can set it to shuffle play so they play in random order):

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2kjGV_3m9r...

In addition to that I like to listen to "soaking" music at a low volume while praying, reading, or waiting on the Lord. Here is the music I use:

• barty

What happened to the idea that salvation was a moment's blinding realization? A sudden urge to go up for altar call?  Now you're saying it's long, hard work that takes hours every day?

"Polly want a cracker, Polly want a cracker. Atheism is stupid, atheism is stupid. Polly want a cracker, Polly want a cracker."

• Misty

Its flower/liam/geese and she has me blocked.