Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleOther - Beauty & Style · 8 months ago

Girlfriend dresses in a weird way and I want to tell her in a way that won't hurt her, advice?

Won't talk about that long but her taste is just weird and exceptional. She wears frumpy dresses that look like from the victorian era but mixed with today's style. An example, she has a beige dress with mushrooms, little rabbits and herbs as a print on them. In another one she has little birds. The dresses are for the summer (now it's summer where we live) and no one wears those kind of dresses where we live, so guys will stare at her like she's some innocent prey to hook up with. They're not even revealing, mostly closed til the neck or with little cleavage, nothing exaggerate otherwise I would say something to her, but they're just, too 'good girl' and I don't understand why but guys will be turned on by that and start staring and trying with her. She will always reply in an upset way telling them clearly to leave her alone. I already tried to tell her nobody wears those dresses so you will stand out but she won't understand, starts almost crying saying those are her favorite dresses and that they suit her and made her look like the way she wants. She also curls her hair and puts floral shaped earrings with floral summer dresses that made her look like a good girl but this leads to attracting tough, macho muscle kind of guys who will hit on her while she goes to buy groceries at the market, kind of guys who she just avoids like some kind of contagious disease. I told her to wear some jeans or shorts til the knee sometimes but she says summer doesn't last much

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago

Why did you ask her out in the first place, if you did not like her style?

Let her wear whatever she wants to wear!!!  

Go find a new girlfriend.  And let her find a great guy who likes her just the way she is.  

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Mushrooms and rabbits will suit a teenager but if she is over 21 that's a bit childish. I am sure she will outgrow this

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

What she wears sounds adorable. Sorry to tell you this but you're not the one to tell her what to wear. If she's happy wearing that then that's great, if you don't want her to be happy then you're not a great boy friend. Don't be so manipulative. 

• Jerry
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

If she wants to wear old fashioned frocks, that's her business.

Finally, a teenager who doesn't dress exactly like every other teenager. Of course people are more interested in those who are more interesting than they are in in "same old same old." 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

She's right to tell you to leave her alone, stop being so judgmental and let her live her own life.

• 8 months ago

Jesus............. this wins the prize for todays most contrived, manipulative, fictitious fake question..... congratulations.  Your prize is your continued miserable existence. 

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

if u don't like how she dresses then find somebody else

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.