Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 8 months ago

How long should I wait for a man to commit?

We’ve been dating for 2 months. He is not ready for a relationship yet but says he is dating only me. He wants to “go with flow” and is afraid to talk about the future. He says sometimes I piss him off but he won’t leave for the little things. I’ve asked again if marriage is one of his goals and he said yes but needs time. He has told his parents we are dating but has not yet tell them more. He says “when I feel I will do.”

• n2mama

Commit in what way? Putting a ring on it and planning a wedding? Two years. Calling you his girlfriend and being exclusive? Six months. You have rushed this and are applying pressure, which is likely to push him away.

• keerok

You're rushing it and pushing hard. He'll leave you sooner than later. He's probably thinking it right now.

No. Not this one. Better luck with the next one. How long should you wait? You don't. Marriage will come naturally when two people truly fall in love at the same time to each other. As I see it, neither of you do.