Isn't having photos of grandparents on the photo net a great way for them to be remembered after they passed away?

a) yes

b) no

Yes... and NO. It is a fine way to share photos for the SHORT TERM. However, you CANNOT depend on ANY digital photo ANYWHERE to be something accessible into the distant future. Never rely on ANY website or "cloud" to be available 50 years from now, or even much less time than that. PRINTING photos and storing them in proper albums is the only way to have any real confidence of the photos being there in the future.

• Frank

What is the "photo net?"  I've never hear of the photo net before.

Having images posted to a website such as one of your own or to social media is a good way of sharing images.  However, there's nothing like having an actual physical print.  So instead of posting, print photographs and hang them on your wall or put them on your desk.  

I was young photo student that had taken a bunch of photography classes including photo history, so I've seen a lot of photographs (a lot of iconic photographs) but only in my text books and the photo books that I purchased.  When I see them in museums, the images are so much more alive and real with so much soul than they did when viewing in a textbook or online.  So do yourself a huge favor and make and frame your photos instead of only posting online. 

• qrk

I would say no. People will look at them once and the site will be forgotten. Why not make prints of the photos and share them with family. If you frame them, they can be hung up and looked at every day.

• keerok

I'm old and my grandparents lived in a time when photography wasn't for the masses yet so I only have a handful of photographs of my grandparents. Yes, I did share them in the internet for the rest of the clan to enjoy too but there are other ways to remember your loved ones and the best of the best memories never show up in photos.

What is the "photo net"?