How many packs of cigarettes a day is safe?

I really like cigarettes. I smoke three or four packs a day, but I’m worried that this might not be brilliant for my health. How many packs can I smoke a day and be safe from getting cancer?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Up it to 6 packs a day. 4 is not nearly enough.

• 2 weeks ago

Smoking is not good for your health.

Cigarettes cause a variety of side effects like increased risk of stroke, cataracts, yellowing of eyes, tooth decay, bad breath, mouth and lung cancer.

• 1 month ago

Depends also on genetics. My Father smoked 2-3 packs per day and died at age 83 of unrelated causes. Same with his father. DON'T count on it though! Quit!

• 1 month ago

seriously? try ZERO

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

there are no cigarettes that are safe

• Ann
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you smoke that much, even if you don't get cancer, you will get emphysema.  The tar in tobacco clogs up people's lungs.  My sister-in-law was a four pack a day smoker.  She died from emphysema at 37.  It was a horrible way to die.  She literally choked to death.  Lung caner isn't too great, either.

• 1 month ago

Zero is safe.

The minimum length of an answer is 15 characters

• 1 month ago

There is no 'safe' level of smoking that has ever been established.

• 1 month ago

I am 75, and have NEVER smoked a single cigarette.  I have no cancer, oral disease, nor lung-related affliction.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Smoke as many as you want, the more the better.  All that stuff about cigarettes being bad for your health is BS.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.