Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 8 months ago

Does anyone know if H2Ocean can be used as contact solution? ?

I’m spending the night at a family members house and I forgot my saline solution for my contacts and there aren’t any open stores for miles. Saline solution is essentially just purified salt water right? The spray says it’s purified salt water, I even checked the ph levels of BioTrue (7.5) and h2ocean (7.2-7.5), but at the same time I don’t want to destroy the contacts or more importantly my eyes. 

Contacts should be stored in sterile solution. The solution should also have ingredients to disinfect and clean your lenses. Purified does not equal sterile. If you stored your contacts in something besides contact lens solution, you should throw them out or at least run them through a disinfection with the correct solution.

You asked this question 13 hours ago so by now, you have probably done whatever you decided to do. If you are wearing contacts  stored in H2Ocean and they have not been bothering you, you probably dodged the bullet.

better is just to use plain water. Ocean water can be very very dirty actually.