Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

I think my roomate stole my student ID and spend my money. Should I call UPD?

Yes, I tried to contact my school. It’s Sunday, and tomorrow is a holiday so they are closed. I send them an email stating my situation.

My student ID was stolen (I may have dropped it, but I highly believe that my roommate took it out of my wallet while my back was turned). I have deactivated the card after I discovered almost $150 was used from it. (My school lets you load money on your id to use like a debit card). I’m going to all the stores these transactions were to look at video footage. If I do find out it was my roomate, should I call my university police department for identity theft? She’s very grimy and this sounds like something she would do. 

*spent 

Yes you should. Remember it's always your responsibility to call the campus police if your student ID ends up stolen. Let them know about it ASAP.

Yea, it's identity fraud and illegal. I'm curious how the situation will turn out, please update me if you find out.

• jity1 month agoReport

I couldn’t see the store footage without a police report, so thats exactly what I had to file. They’re going to look at the security footage and get back to me about it later. It’s apparently a felony offense, so I’ll update you again when I hear back!

Your student ID would have a photo. Sounds like identity fraud.

• jity1 month agoReport

It’s actually financial transaction card fraud! Just talked to an officer