Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

I think my roomate stole my student ID and spend my money. Should I call UPD?

Yes, I tried to contact my school. It’s Sunday, and tomorrow is a holiday so they are closed. I send them an email stating my situation.

My student ID was stolen (I may have dropped it, but I highly believe that my roommate took it out of my wallet while my back was turned). I have deactivated the card after I discovered almost $150 was used from it. (My school lets you load money on your id to use like a debit card). I’m going to all the stores these transactions were to look at video footage. If I do find out it was my roomate, should I call my university police department for identity theft? She’s very grimy and this sounds like something she would do. 

Update:

*spent 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes you should. Remember it's always your responsibility to call the campus police if your student ID ends up stolen. Let them know about it ASAP.

• 1 month ago

Yea, it's identity fraud and illegal. I'm curious how the situation will turn out, please update me if you find out.

• jity1 month agoReport

I couldn’t see the store footage without a police report, so thats exactly what I had to file. They’re going to look at the security footage and get back to me about it later. It’s apparently a felony offense, so I’ll update you again when I hear back!

• 1 month ago

Your student ID would have a photo. Sounds like identity fraud.

• jity1 month agoReport

It’s actually financial transaction card fraud! Just talked to an officer 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.