When Did The Zodiac Signs change?

So recently I have been interested in zodiac signs but don’t know mine, since the zodiac signs have changed, I want to say mine is Virgo but the new one says Leo, please help

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favourite answer

Mine’s dinosaur.

Attachment image
  • 7 months ago

Best zodiac calendar from https://zodiacsigns-horoscope.com

• 7 months ago

Zodiac signs never changed. The position of the sun in them might have, and so on. The influences have remained.

The influence of the signs is much like data stored in a crystal, like a silicon chip. 

Source(s): A good book about that 'Gospel of the Stars' by Peter Lemesurier.
  • Janet
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

This is OLD information. And it is incorrect.

What happened is that roughly a decade ago, the scientists changed their zodiac.

But astrologers do not use the scientific zodiac. Both Western and Hindu astrology have their OWN zodiac system, neither of which agree with the scientific zodiac, and neither of which agree with each other.

Hindu astrology uses the Sidereal zodiac system, and there are no new signs and no changes in the dates.

Western astrology uses the Tropical zodiac system, and there are no new signs and no changes in the dates.

If you are looking at a site which claims there is a 13th sign and the dates have changed, stay AWAY from that website. They do not understand astrolgoy.

However, YOU need to know WHICH zodiac system you use:

(1) Western astrology, usingg the Tropical system, says Sun is in Virgo between Aug 22nd or Aug 23rd to Sep 22nd or Sep 23rd (depends on the year you were born, your time of birth, your place of birth).

(2) Hindu/Vedic astrology, using the Sidereal systems says that Sun is in Virgo between Sep 17th and Oct 17.

In BOTH cases, the Sun is IN THE SAME PLACE ... the only difference is the LABEL applied to THAT point in space.

Here is a website indicating the dates for the Sun signs. BUT understand that Hindu astrology does NOT intepret the Signs. They use Lunar mansions, house placements, and the Moon's Nodes (which they call Rahu and Ketu). So the SIGN your Sun was in doesn't matter.

Western astrology uses ALL 10 "planets" (including the Sun), the Signs each planet is in, the distances (aspects) between those planets, the houses that those planets are in, and the Signs for each house. Altogether 40-50 factors in a map of the sky for the EXACT time and location YOU were born.

Sun sign astrology is garbage .. just a way for writers to make money off a public that doesn't know any better. It is not real astrology.

Source(s): I am a retired professionally-certified astrologer (P.M.A.F.A. from the American Federation of Astrologers), practicing astrology since 1972.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Satan
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

The star signs all went metric in 2004, where they were whittled down to 10

In 2014, they were increased to 48, to include the various possible genders of these star signs.  It would have been a lot higher, but people really didnt see the point of finding out whether things like crabs were bi-curious or not

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

It's been at least a thousand years now. At the time that the original astrological signs were set, the Earth's orbit was oriented differently, the tilt of the Earth was slightly different than it is today. There is now a 13th astrological sign called Ophiuchus, that appears mainly in the place of Sagittarius, from Nov 29 to Dec 18. But anyways, nobody uses the astronomical constellations in astrology, they use the traditional 12 constellations, which are also off by a month from their astronomical equivalents.

• 8 months ago

There has been no "change" in Zodiac signs.

Your "Zodiac sign" is simply the sign the Sun occupied at the moment of your birth. Note that each year the Sun enters each sign at a slightly different time/date. So your "sign" depends on the full date, time and location of your birth.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.