Why is the sky blue?

Me and my sister can’t discuss this question 

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Rayleigh Scattering

Google it.

• 1 month ago

I think the real question here is why can't you and yours sister discuss this question?  Perhaps you should sit down together and each give your side of the story and see if there is a middle point you can both agree on.  If not don't go outside.

• 1 month ago

The sky is blue because of the way sunlight interacts with our atmosphere. Sunlight is made up of all the different colors of light. As sunlight reaches our atmosphere, molecules in the air scatter the blue light but let the red light pass through. https://learning.covoji.com/curious-world/the-sun/

Attachment image
    • Pali831 month agoReport

this was a very good answer

• 1 month ago

its the color God chose

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Same as the last 90,000+ times this has been asked.

• 1 month ago

Why ??

One of you is an Idiot

It is caused by Rayleigh Scattering

Named after Lord Rayleigh who first suggested it

(Below)

As you can see by the picture it was some time ago

The Sun's Rays travel through the Earth's Atmosphere

It travels at different angles, some very acute

There is Water Vapour in the Atmosphere amongst other Gases

Water Vapour is translucent particles which refract the Sun's White Rays into a longer Wavelength, which is Blue

Attachment image
    Source(s): Lord Rayleigh.... I Before E, except after C and in Rayleigh
  • Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why can't you and your sister discuss this?  What's stopping you?

• Lôn
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

.The Short Answer: Sunlight reaches Earth's atmosphere and is scattered in all directions by all the gases and particles in the air. Blue light is scattered more than the other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time.

• Satan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

because that's the color God painted it.

Just kidding - Blue light is scattered in all directions by the tiny molecules of air in Earth's atmosphere. Blue is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Blue light is scattered in all directions by the tiny molecules of air in Earth's atmosphere. Blue is scattered more than other colors because it travels as shorter, smaller waves. This is why we see a blue sky most of the time. Closer to the horizon, the sky fades to a lighter blue or white.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.