If it is record mended or preferred that books use one font for the whole thing, then why do some self-published books have two fonts?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

Sometimes for clarity, most of the times because they're self-published and people do whatever they want, regardless of recommendations and what sells. Just look at all the un-proofread self-published novels with atrocious home-made covers that are out there.

• ...Show all comments
    • Voelven
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

You don't have to use Amazon for your cover design.There are plenty of freelance artists that do covers. Many pre-made covers come at affordable costs, and they are usually vastly better than a poor home-made one. A bad cover can mean that your book won't sell at all.

• S.S.
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I guess each book is different. You can use one font if it is fiction, if it is free verse you can write your book like an artwork

• 4 weeks ago

I'll tell you what's "record mended", and that's actually reading through your post before hitting 'Submit'.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

I can think of commercial books that have multiple fonts. Kate Atkinson's Behind the Scenes at the Museum has sections of flashbacks that are in a different font. It is more of a design issue - too many fonts tends to make a publication look like a ransom note.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.