Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 month ago

was capitalism born with agricolture?

sorry for my engish mistake, was capitalism born with agricolutre? I am talking about old capitalism not modern capitalism. Wikipeida on my country said that maybe is born with agricolture

Favorite Answer

Yes and no. Agriculture created surplus resources that could be traded, and that created the foundation for all economic systems, including capitalism.

• Clive

What does this have to do with elections?

It depends really how you define capitalism. Is it the basic concept of trade? If so then no, not even close - even intelligent non-humans like monkeys and parrots can trade. Long distance trade among humans has been around at LEAST for 150 thousand years. 

Is it the idea of currency - i.e exchanging a token with no inherent value (but which might REPRESENT something of value) for something that does have value? That did come about after the invention of agriculture.