Omar asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 8 months ago

I'm a guy. I have an extremely dry hair. It gets tangled and snaps when I run my fingers through it. Will shaving my hair cure that?

I know there might be ways to cure this without shaving it but I honestly have no problem shaving it if it is to guarantee that it will grow back healthier. I just want to make sure whether shaving it will actually do that. Also, if it does, should I completely shave my hair or can I just shave it to a certain extent? A buzz cuz maybe?

No.  Your hair is dry and damaged for some reason.  What is it -- diet, shampoo, how you style it, medical condition, etc.? Change that or those things and you will "cure" the problem.

It is true that once hair is damaged there is really nothing you can do to fix it per se.  To that end, cutting off most of your hair -- or shaving it -- will remove the damage hair. However, if you don't fix the cause of the brittleness, the new hair that grows will suffer the same fate.

not really, wear hair oils and something silky on ur hair before sleeping, pillow cases take away ur natural oils, or purchase a silky pillow case