workplace issues help please (10 points)?

I didn t pass the probation period at my work, and I feel this is because I didn t really get along with my manager, I was helping him as I had experience in the industry, but he wanted to be known as "the man". I remember him telling me that he is moving jobs next month, and I have been job hunting and found out that he will be the area manager of the company that I applied for work next month. Is it worth going for the interview? the job description states I have to report to the area manager.

What would it hurt

You'll still have the same job

• Nicey8

Hi. You may have offended your current manager. look for a job where he is not in the company. Stay humble and submitted to your bosses.

You are wasting your time.  Look for a job where he isn't.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.

Maintain your contact with your boss. He is not talking to let you go yet.

I'd probably save the time.  However...this person may have needed to cut X% of their staff...perhaps even during your probation period.  

• Casey Y

Yup, they might have some metrics where they are told to cut X% of people and then replace them.  Sounds foolish, but might be the case.  

Don't bother.

P.S.  There is a difference between disliking your manager and behaving in a way that gets you fired.  

• Bort

You still have a 50/50 chance of getting the other job. Maybe it's something you can perform better at and satisfy the area manager.

• Tavy

They will ask for references. They will know that the AM worked in the same company so will ask him.

Don't bother.

Probably save your time

You will not make it off probation again, and he doesn't need a reason to let you go gain