workplace issues help please (10 points)?

I didn t pass the probation period at my work, and I feel this is because I didn t really get along with my manager, I was helping him as I had experience in the industry, but he wanted to be known as "the man". I remember him telling me that he is moving jobs next month, and I have been job hunting and found out that he will be the area manager of the company that I applied for work next month. Is it worth going for the interview? the job description states I have to report to the area manager.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 months ago

What would it hurt

You'll still have the same job

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Nicey8
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

Hi. You may have offended your current manager. look for a job where he is not in the company. Stay humble and submitted to your bosses.

• 3 months ago

You are wasting your time.  Look for a job where he isn't.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Employment law experience.
  • 3 months ago

Maintain your contact with your boss. He is not talking to let you go yet.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 3 months ago

I'd probably save the time.  However...this person may have needed to cut X% of their staff...perhaps even during your probation period.  

• ...Show all comments
    • Casey Y
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

Yup, they might have some metrics where they are told to cut X% of people and then replace them.  Sounds foolish, but might be the case.  

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Don't bother.

P.S.  There is a difference between disliking your manager and behaving in a way that gets you fired.  

• Bort
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

You still have a 50/50 chance of getting the other job. Maybe it's something you can perform better at and satisfy the area manager.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

They will ask for references. They will know that the AM worked in the same company so will ask him.

Don't bother.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Probably save your time

You will not make it off probation again, and he doesn't need a reason to let you go gain

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.