Can you visibly tell the difference between a college freshman and senior?

Update:

I mean traditional age college freshman vs senior like a 19 year old vs 22 year old

8 Answers

Relevance
  • John
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

If I am understanding your question correctly, you are asking if one can tell the difference between a traditional college freshmen (aged 18) and a traditional college senior (age 22).  The answer is yes. If you walk around a 4 year college campus, you will be able to rather easily pick out the seniors and the freshmen.

The 18 year olds will be be just as tall as their 22 year old schoolmates.  In addition to more adult appearing facial features, though, the seniors will also have much more body mass. 

• pikachu4 weeks agoReport

Arent 22 year olds like a 1/3 inch taller or some

• 4 weeks ago

Very difficult both act like children until they are about 25 and left the school enviorment

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Sometimes but not always.

• 4 weeks ago

not really since more people than I assumed started college way later than 18. last year I was a freshman at 22 and people in my classes ranged from 18-40 years old! maybe you can tell by the way people dress and act. are they lost, wide eyed, and trying to impress other students? do they have way too many new school supplies that they probably wont use by the 2nd week of class? they're probably freshman. or do they walk in autopilot in sweats and carry exactly what they need? probably upperclassmen.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Expat
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

You can’t. Age isn’t a factor anymore really. I was 25 as a freshman and my mother 46.

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No...............................

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Of courses not. I was a college freshman when I was 35 years old. There would be no way for anyone to know what year I was in just by looking.

• CiCi
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

No people of all ages go to college these days, but their behavior and maturity level can give it away

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.