Should I start looking for a new job now?

So today I got talked to by the treatment coordinator at the dental office where I work.  It was because I, unfortunately, many times now, again asked if the ladies in the front desk if someone who was waiting had an appointment.  Afterward she talked to me saying that I’ve been told before to not do that, and to let herself and the other ladies up front take care of the front office. Then she said if it happens again, she’s telling the office manager.  After she was finished talking to me, I made a massive note to myself reminding myself not to do that again, and what I can do to ensure I won’t.  I wrote to myself that if I need to go up to the front desk, and if there is anyone waiting to be seen, not to ask about it.  

You think I should also consider looking for a new job now, and do you think there’s still a chance she could still tell the office manager?  I also just got my braces here as I work for a corporate office so I got an employee discount.  Hopefully I won’t lose the discount if that’s the case. 

• Tasm
    Favorite Answer

No, just don't mess with people in the front office. That's it. Let the secretaries manage it. They are not your boss anyway. Just deal with the customers as they come in. If the they sit in lobby all day with no help, then that is on the secretaries.

How about just doing what they asked?

Stupid "Why" troll reinventing him/herself. 

thats up to you