I’m a single first time mom and I’m scared...?

I’m 21 and just found out that I’m pregnant a couple days ago and I’m scared, not because I don’t want my baby, that’s not the case at all... I’m scared because, i have no clue what to do... I know I need a job to take care of my baby but who will watch my baby while i am working... my boyfriend left me as soon as he found I was pregnant he wants nothing to do with it.... I want to keep my baby, it’s my only reason for pushing forward with my life at this point I’m just so scared that I won’t be good enough and have it taken away from me or something.... please be easy on me, I truly love and care for my baby I just don’t know what to do....

• MissA

The normal people who care for the children of working parents are:

-Daycares

-Family members

-Friends

-Paid home help (nannies, au pairs, etc)

• R L

Believe in yourself first and foremost. The father is an immature little boy and you need to legally make sure he pays financially for his child. You need to be the best version of yourself for your baby's sake. Hopefully you will find a real man who will love you and your child like you both deserve and I wish you the very best. Please stay in touch and let us know how you are doing. Rob

Go to the welfare office in your area and ask about childcare and the work program.

As soon as the baby is born file for child support.

• LizB

Why the hell were you TTC when your boyfriend didn't want a baby? I looked at your question history, you got pregnant on purpose. Did you do it to try to keep him from leaving you? Well, now you've learned the hard way that that never works. Good luck with your life choices, you're going to need it.

• Jill

You can put your baby in daycare while you work. They don't just take children away from their parent/s for no good reason. 

I was pregnant and having an abortion was the best decision I made. I don't have regret or sadness. I grew up very poor. My parents loved me and sacrificed everything for me but I still remember being bullied in school because I didn't have nice clothes, go on trips on holidays, or have big birthday parties. It was tough growing up and not understanding why my house was so tiny with cockroaches and my friends had normal houses.

I want my future kid to be cared for, happy, and not feel left out of life. I want to provide them the best care possible.

You will constantly be struggling, you will be unhappy in your life and it will impact your child. Your child should grow up in a healthy environment and feel loved and taken care of not a mistake or burden.

You will get through this! Single moms are always regretful when they see all the younger girls pursuing education, career, and travel. You will never get those years back or be provided these opportunities again.