Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

I had a blood test recently & the collector (not a nurse,pathology collector) hurt me & when i said so she kept going! Should I report her?

Im a grown woman who never whines but she wAs so rough!

She hurt me! I told her to be careful & she did not!

Favorite Answer

I've had both expert phlebotomists and inexperienced nurses who've taken blood samples from my arm. One of them was so rough that I cried out and told her to stop. Fortunately she obeyed protocol and stopped.

My veins are small and deep-set, so I always mention this to whomever is about to poke my arm. Usually this makes them extra careful, although I've had a few who just plow ahead as usual.

I think you'd be justified in finding out who her supervisor was, and discussing the situation with them. Further training, transfer to another job, or even getting fired might result.

i would report her

• RP

If you feel the action was inappropriate, you should report what occurred and let the people in charge look into the matter.

That happens sometimes when blood is taken. Nothing to report her about.