Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Is there a good chance i'm pregnant? ?

Hi, so I have been trying to get pregnant for two months with my fiancé, and i was supposed to get my period officially 3 days ago, but i started having symptoms like tender breasts, cramping, swollen and heavy breasts, feeling so hungry, headaches, nausea, sensitive smell, and extreme mood swings, a good two weeks before my missed period, the last urine pregnancy test i took was about four days and yesterday i went for a hCG quantitative blood test and i got the results this morning and i tested for an 8 mIU/mL which is technically positive but in the grey area for premenopausal women. So in your opinion, do you think i could still be pregnant so i don’t get my hopes up as much?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Could be menopause, who knows?

• 1 month ago

I think it's too soon for symptoms...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A good chance?  No.  Assuming you are regular (which is hard to say if you are also premenopausal) and 2 weeks away from your period, you would have to ovulate early and it's way too early for any symptoms even if you were pregnant.

• 1 month ago

Why do you expect your body to be perfect?  Like a machine with settings?

Nothing you've listed is "preggo" but, they're for PMS. 

S/S *Signs and symptoms of Pregnancy **THERE ARE NO SIGNS IN THE FIRST 4 to 6 WEEKS.

For example, nausea can be a discomfort (morning sickness), but if, in combination with significant vomiting, it causes water-electrolyte imbalance it is a complication. Common symptoms and discomforts of pregnancy include: Tiredness, Constipation, Pelvic girdle pain, Back pain. Occasional, irregular, and often painless contractions that occur several times per day. Edema (swelling). Common complaint in advancing pregnancy. Increased urinary frequency. Urinary tract infection. Regurgitation, heartburn, and nausea. Pregnancy-related stretch marks. Breast tenderness and tingling is common during the first trimester, and is more common in women who are pregnant at a young age. 

Nurse 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If pregnancy was causing your symptoms - you would have a positive pregnancy test.

Not a test in the "grey area" - a positive test.

Pregnancy hormones cause pregnancy symptoms.  If the hormones aren't strong enough to be an obvious positive - then the hormones also aren't strong enough to be causing all those symptoms.

It is also possible to be pregnant and have none of those symptoms.

Basically - your symptoms mean nothing.

Test again if your period doesn't arrive in a few more days.  As long as  you follow the test directions, any pregnancy test should be fine.

• 1 month ago

Was the urine test positive?

If not, take one again (a cheap one is fine). Urine tests will not turn positive from anything except pregnancy aside from a few rare conditions.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.