Tim asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 5 months ago

Boy ballet?

First day ballet!

My studio recommends a leotard and tights. I'm a guy. 

1. Should I get the leotard with dance belt or thong back? any recommendations, I live in canada.

2. Also whats the best dance belt for a skinny guy?

3. Should I get convertible tights or footed?

Do girls prefer their man in this attire or a tshirt and shorts? We can wear that too.

Is it strange that Im so excited?

• drip

You ask your dance studio.  The director or teacher to help you find the right garments.

What girls prefer their man to wear is immaterial and makes this sound like a troll post. You are not their man, merely another student,

In my studio, guys wear a white t shirt and black convertible tights. When you say dance belt, I suppose you're talking about alignment belts.

Those aren't of any use really. They're supposed to help your teacher see if you are properly aligned but other than that, they're completely useless and uncomfortable.

You said you can also wear t-shirt and shorts but I've never seen a male ballet dancer wearing shorts.

• mintchips49

All men wear a dance belt underneath their dance bottoms for both protection and modesty. If not they could easily be injured. That’s what the guys in your class have on under their tights, 

I took ballet to see what underwear the girls are wearing. Hoping to see a nipple if some of them decided not to wear a bra. 

Wear the thong back so that you’ll stand you.