Why are Republicans changing the rules of impeachment to prohibit witnesses from testifying?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Witnesses would only prove Trump is guilty. 

• James
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Yep.  And everybody knows it.  That IS the truth.

• Mike L
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Because the president is VERY guilty.

• 1 month ago

You bring up a good question.  The answer is Senate has to power.  Now go have a good cry.

• 1 month ago

Wrong. the impeachment process is over. The trial in the Senate starts today. There is no requirement or reason for senators to listen to witnesses beyond what the prosecution has presented. In a real trial in a criminal case, the jury does not call witnesses.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because all Republicans know that allowing witnesses will result in a massive conviction of Trump.  Remember, those Republican Senators took an oath.  If they greatly limit the evidence presented at Trump's trial, they technically aren't in violation of that oath.

"I solemnly swear that in all things appertaining to the trial of Donald J. Trump, now pending, I will do impartial justice according to the Constitution and laws, so help me God." 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Trump and Republicans don't want anymore self-inflicted wounds. 

• David
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It it because the articles of the impeachment are not valid for a legal constitutional impeachment against the President?

• Shilo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They simply don't want anyone to hear the truth; witnesses would provide evidence and evidence would put them all in precarious career positions. 

• John W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To show the public just how corrupt they really are.

• 1 month ago

You were lied to.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.