Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 4 weeks ago

Isn't it true that Fetuses aren't humans and thus they don't deserve human rights?

It's an inarguable fact that there is a God and that he favors Notre Dame.

Depends on the DNA of the "fetus". 

If we assume you are asking about a human fetus then my answer is yes.  The Human fetus must be subordinate to the rights of the biological mother whose decision to abort must be a joint decision with the biological father ( if there is one ).  IMOThe traditional assumption is that no matter how much or how little the parents may personally desire a cute little miniature representation of themselves , the resulting fetus is virtually never allowed an equal right to choose for themselves. A fetus's right to life is a demand only made by theists.  In complete disregard for what the unborn spirit might have chosen. Humans who argue that a mother has no right to choose to abort also deny the right of the unborn to choose whether to be born or not. Of course , a fetus , has no capability to make that conscious and educated choice. The high court recognized this fact of life and long ago ruled that the mother has the right to choose for her unborn fetus. This is settled law and is ridiculous to keep on arguing over it. 

-

Legally speaking - I believe that's true. But it's not as simple as that. People have gone to jail for KILLING that fetus by kicking the mother in the belly hard enough and often enough to end that life growing inside of her. Fact is... whatever word is used... we all know what will most likely become of that 'thing'. So it is worthy - I strongly believe - of our consideration and we should be willing to defend it given that it can't defend itself.

• A.J.

Zygote before fetus, and it's debated and not settled at what point and to what level of rights. Is male masturbation killing millions of humans? Is a fertilized chicken egg a chicken? If a person kills a pregnant mother-to-be 8 or more months pregnant, are two people killed or one? If a doctor kills a healthy 8 month fetus what is your thought?  To me it is where we draw the line in time and health of a fetus.

No right is absolute and unlimited. We also should examine our hypocrisy in some issues. Guns are mostly to kill. War is about death. Not only fetus rights, but mother's rights, and who should be in charge of them?

If a woman is raped and is pregnant with the rapist's child, should government force the woman to carry that unborn to birth, and then what?

If someone is really opposed to abortion, what of society's care in medical and child care and family assistance? Isn't this mostly about people controlling other people?

My biggest concern is that if not giving living people full basic human rights, which is debated also what those rights are, what rights for the fetus? Does it have more rights before birth than after?

I am not comfortable with any answer of absolute certainty. I think it's a moving flexible line of unclear dots.

The democratic party thought the same thing about coloreds two generations ago. 

Wrong. Abortion is murder. You cannot sugarcoat the facts.

I define life as consciousness in terms of rights, as suffering is how I determine morality. If my own suffering grew to be much worse than it is and has been, I would wish I had never been born at all. Of course, my philosophy and belief system is that endless reincarnation is an unavoidable part of an eternal cycling universe, which must work that way due to causality, or it could never have begun at all. 

"It seems to me that everyone in favor of abortion has already been born." Ronald Reagan.

Let's protect eagle eggs and box turtles, but to hell with babies. Sounds legitimate.

What are they? Squirrels? Trees?