if we believe CHRIST is in fact the almighty why do we think JESUS went around pretending up till he was aged 30 that he really didn't,?

REMEMBER ALL THE TIME HE SPENT IN HEAVEN. I wonder the bible doesn't actually let  us known that almighty was on earth for 30 years not actually remembering all those billions of years he was in heaven with his father and only remembered it after he was baptised aged 30 so obviously having the power of the almighty as he was him from one day old why did he JESUS PRETEND OR IF YOU LIKE LIE ABOUT NOT REMEMBERING ALL THAT TIME HIS WAS IN HEAVEN WITH HIS FATHER,

• Liz
    Favorite Answer

Think about the following points. Jesus prayed to his Father: “This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.” (John 17:3) Did you notice that Jesus referred not to himself but to his heavenly Father as “the only true God”? Therefore, Jesus’ early disciples were right when they said to him: “You are really God’s Son.” Jesus himself said: “I am God’s Son.” Therefore, the truth is that Jesus is not Almighty God, but he is the Son of Jehovah God.—Matthew 14:33; John 10:36.

• David1 month agoReport

YES WELL DONE AND GOD BLESS FOR POINTING THAT OUT

No, I don't believe Jesus ever forgot, or pretended anything about his identity.  I am not the most well versed in the Bible, but I am somewhat familiar with it, and can recall, Jesus in his childhood, being found teaching adult priest and rabbis.  When his parent called for him to leave, Jesus replied, "I am about my Father's work", which is a strong indication that Jesus was, to some degree, aware of his identity, at a young age.

I see some validity in the point you're trying to make, as Eastern faiths believe that the embodied soul forgets it's pervious existence before entering the mortal realm, due to the ego, which is the source of 'sin'.  But this doesn't always apply to figures, such as 

Christ, who are considered by most Eastern faith to be an "Avatara" (or 'Divinity Incarnate'), born of Immaculate Conception, and without ego and sin. 

Jesus is believed to not have any previous lifetime as a mortal, and descended directly from Heaven, which is why he did not teach about physical reincarnation into mortal form.  Instead, Jesus taught "spiritual reincarnation" as 'The Resurrection', by which the embodied soul doesn't identify with mortal form, and regains it's identity as a 'spiritual being' of God (what is known as 'Enlightenment' or 'God/Self-Realization', in the East).

Jesus did not attempt to conceal his identity from anyone, and was sent to exposed 'The Truth'; however, he could not say, "I am God", because Divinity is without ego, to do so.  Jesus said, "If testify about myself my testimony will be invalid.  There is another who testifies about me, and I know his testimony to be true" (referring to John the Baptist).  Jesus would be violating our freewill to choose to believe for ourselves, had he directly said, "I am God".

When Moses ask God, "Who shall I tell them sent me?", God didn't reply, "It is I, God!"; but said, "Ehyeh asher ehyeh" ("I shall be what I shall be", commonly interpreted as, "I am what I am").  Why would an 'Omniscient and Omnipresent God', have to address Himself, "to Himself, as Himself"?  Anyone with ego can "claim to be God", but God doesn't so that true believers will have faith.

The designations, "Father, Son and Holy Spirit" serves as a way of God addressing Himself without ego.  Jesus said, "I and the Father are one", and, "Whomever believes I am in the Father and the Father is in me, will go on to do the works I am doing, because I am going to/with the Father".  Jesus could not know about God without knowing where it is he came from, and "going back to".

Christ came as 'God Incarnate' to make the New Covenant with humanity, because how mankind typically portrays God as "elsewhere", as in the Old Testament.  How is it possible to be "separate and apart" from an Omnipresent God expressed as, 'Everything, Everywhere at All Times"?  The God Jesus spoke of in the New Testament is described as a Transcendent and Immanent Reality.  

Jesus taught that we are all God's children, and that the same 'Divine Essence' dwelling in himself, dwells in us all ("...ye are gods", "...the Kingdom of Heaven is within you").  

He never said that he didn't remember things from before his birth. At one point he said, "I beheld Satan fall as lightning from heaven."

• sarah

(Acts 7:55) 55 But he, being full of holy spirit, gazed into heaven and caught sight of God’s glory and of Jesus standing at God’s right hand,

He was very smart as a perfect person when he was teaching in the temple.

There was no pretending.

Php 2:5 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:6 Who, being in very nature God,    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;7 rather, he made himself nothing    by taking the very nature[b] of a servant,    being made in human likeness.8 And being found in appearance as a man,    he humbled himself    by becoming obedient to death—        even death on a cross!

Although he was God, for that period of time he purposely and humly chose NOT to be equal to God.  Therefore he had human-like limitations.  So for example, unlike God the Father, he didn't know when he would return (Mt 24:36).  He also was able to be killed.

• David, I'm not claiming I'm God and thus know exactly how all that worked.  If your argument is that what Jesus did was impossible and thus didn't happen, you need to reread Mt 19:26.

jesus is imaginary

• yesmar

On the contrary, the Bible does let us know.

Have you not read? John 17:5, 24

• Derek

The plot line was set out thousands of years earlier in the Garden of Eden. If you got that you'd get why the Son of God had to leave heaven to abase himself to be born of a woman (Genes 3:15). All the while the Father and the Holy Spirit were continuing in there roles. The man, Jesus, is not God in his entirety. And if he went around blabbing about his experiences in heaven before he was born, they would have labelled him insane and dismissed everything else he claimed. But when his time to give himself over to death arrived, he DID tell people that the heavenly Father was his father and that he would return to the Father in heaven. John 7:28, "You do not know the Father but I know him because I am from him and he sent me... I am from above. You are of this world. I am not of this world. John 8:23.

• Derek

Nothing new in that. Christ's glory was veiled as explained in Philippians 2:6-8 And the 3 persons in the Godhead were distinct yet together at Jesus baptism Matthew 3:16-17. This is basic stuff. Why don't you know it?

If you are one who takes the bible only and leaves out almost 4oo years of tradition, then you will be lost.  The bible created by the Catholic/Orthodox church is a book compiled by the Church to be added to tradition.

Catholic